Nine Things to Know About Nigeria’s New Immigration Boss ‘Mohammed Babandede’
President Muhammadu Buhari has appointed Muhammed Babandede as Acting Comptroller General of the Nigeria Immigration Service, NIS.
Here are nine important things to know about him:
- Babandede is from Jigawa State
- Born in 1963, he is 53 years old.
- He obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree in History/Islamic Studies before getting a Masters Degree in Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice at the Ahmadu Bello University, ABU Zaria.
- Previous to his appointment, he was the Deputy Comptroller General (DCG), Operations & Passports, at the NIM. He was appointed to this position in January 2014.
- Between December 2012 to January 2014; he served as ACG Passport at the Immigration headquarters
- He had been representing the NIS at the National Hajj Commission since 2013.
- He has an award of Member of the Order of the Federal Republic, MFR, in 2014.
- He is currently the longest service top officer in the NIS.
- He is said to have been exposed, for many years, to foreign missions and attached to other MDAs outside the NIS.