Ten (10) Must Have Quality But Cheap Food Preparation Kitchen Utensils
Own a kitchen or about to have one but worried about the latest and correct kitchen gadgets to stock in there? Take a look at these selections of good quality kitchen utensils that are vital in every kitchen! They make the ease of preparing and cooking food much simpler, hassle-free and fun. Food preparation kitchen utensils will help to make the kitchen a fun environment to be in and could reduce the stress of hours of preparing food without the correct utensils. Many foodies will go out of their way to search for the latest gadget in the kitchen, the gadgets that promise to chop, peel and grate better and faster than the rest always seem to end up filling our cupboards! Most of the time these sometimes expensive kitchen gadgets are more good than their worth!
A well-stocked kitchen is important of course, and obviously the more utensils you have in your kitchen, the more you can cook. Sometimes, while getting caught up in the latest kitchen utensil fads and trends it is easy to look over the most important, cheap and essential food preparation kitchen utensils. Below is a list of the top 10 must have cheap food preparation kitchen utensils for you:
1. Kitchen Shears. Can be used for soo many things in food preparation. Used for trimming meats, cutting herbs, cutting baking paper, opening ingredient packets. Please wash the shears after using like you would with any other kitchen utensil.
2. A selection of knives. (not strictly utensils, but the most important in any kitchen so worth mentioning.) Don’t be scared to buy expensive knives, they will last longer, be more productive and stay sharp for longer. In the long run, the investment will pay off. Good quality, sharp knives will change your life in the kitchen! 3 essential knives – a chef’s knife, a paring knife and a serrated knife.
3. A peeler. A fantastic, vital, cheap utensil. A peeler is commonly used for carrots and potatoes and will peel the outside off, and save hours compared to peeling with a knife. Many varieties and designs available that all do the same job. The choice is all about personal preference.
4. Wooden spoons. Maybe obvious, but without these, in the kitchen, it would be 10 times harder. They will last a long time and are good to use with non-stick pots and pans as they will not destroy the nonstick coating.
5. Spatulas. Something to do all the tossing and flipping! Metal and plastic spatulas available. Plastic can be used with non-stick pans, but be careful sometimes if they are left in the pan they will melt.
6. Can opener. Simple, cheap, effective. There isn’t anything else that can do its job in food preparation!
7. Tongs. Are a must in any kitchen. Can be used to grab, drain, hold and turn food.
8. A grater. A grater is commonly used for cheese but has recently become popular to grate vegetables in food preparation. Potatoes can be grated to make rosti cakes, carrots grated to make a carrot cake. The grater is small, cheap utensil that will always come in handy.
9. A Whisk. Whisks are great for mixing sauces, dressings, eggs, or sometimes dry ingredients for baking. Much faster than using a fork!
10. A draining and cutting board. Will protect your kitchen surface when chopping and preparing ingredients. Wooden chopping boards are thicker, stronger, will last longer and slightly more expensive than plastic boards.