See Most common STDs in Nigeria and their symptoms
Trichomoniasis is an infection of the vagina for women and the urethra for men. It is caused by microscopic parasites called Trichomonas vaginalis. It is mostly contracted through cexual intercourse.
Additionally, it can be spread by bathing suits, towels, and washcloths shared by an infected individual.
The parasite is capable of living outside the body for hours.
And when trichomoniasis causes symptoms, they may appear within five to twenty-eight days of exposure and range from mild irritation to severe inflammation.
Here are the signs and symptoms of trichomoniasis
- Clear, white, greenish or yellowish vaginal discharge
- Discharge from the joystick
- Strong vaginal odor
- Vaginal itching or irritation
- Itching or irritation inside the joystick
- Pain during cexual intercourse
- Painful urination